Sunday, March 22, 2009

MILF REVISITED

Now we’re talking!   I’m an equal opportunity blogger; I take the good with the bad.  I don’t expect everyone to like what I have to say and I don’t expect to like everything that is said to me, but I will never erase the comments, they are great fodder:

"I never thought that the Women's Movement was about being as crude as men. Rather, to stand up for yourself and get the equality due you by being a strong, authentic woman. Of course if you'd like to advertise your hormone level and lack of decorum, don't be surprised by the reaction you get from men: You can't call them a pig if you're in the mud too."

Ya think Tracy didn’t like my MILF Post?

Let’s be clear…Middle Rageously is about authenticity in all its forms…be it good or bad.  This little blog is a forum for women, entering the Rageous years (the 40s), to be who they are without compromise.   It’s where we are finally living for ourselves without fear of failure or of standing in judgment of other people.  We are outrageous and are kicking aging in the a$@ while living our lives better than we ever have before because we finally know who we are and aren’t afraid to say it, show it or be it laughing a whole lot along the way. 

I don’t purport to be an expert on aging, beauty, men, culture, lifestyles,  heck on anything, I’m new to this, but my blog is about as authentic as it gets.  And with that authenticity I am allowed the freedom to say what I want including I don’t mind being called a MILF; I wouldn't wear the t-shirt though, that’s a little tacky (lol).  Just because I desire to remain a MILF for my significant other or think it will be amusing for my son’s friends to say “wow, is that your mother?” It does not mean my decorum is questionable and it certainly does not advertise my hormone level.   Frankly, if I wore a t-shirt that described my hormone level it would not be a pretty sight, so I think my decorum is pretty intact.  And by the way, a little dirt never hurt anybody.

3 comments:

  1. Way to funny. I'm sorry is it a insult to be a MILF? Hmm, makes you wonder about this poster.... is she not feeling her sexiness afforded to us women by the movement? Hell if we wore a muu muu and a head wrap, men will still find something sexual to be piggish about. Which makes for some interesting dinner conversation.

    What's the saying... Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughter. Love the pig pic!

    Robbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Kaylee

    http://grillsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. For the record, Tracy, (ME) did like your post. There are many ways to display your Rageous self but that t-shirt is tacky.

    I have been 40 for a while and I live and speak my mind (and dress it UP) on my own terms. One man I dated constantly tried to "dress" me according to his likes... Did you all see the vapor trail that was Tracy??? LOL.

    Any woman who is true to herself and really wants to have the discussion about "what does your t-shirt stand for?" Go for it and own it. It ain't my thing to out personal stuff on my chest to feel sexy. I have MANY other ways. ;)

    I have a pretty strong writer's voice and VERY strong feelings about women's strength and authenticity. I am a single Mom with a daughter and I teach high school where my classes are predominantly female.

    So I was not overly fond of the apparel. No insult was intended. I am enjoying the blog and the journey Tami is sharing and the discussion of the posts. Rage ON!! :-)

    ReplyDelete