Monday, November 23, 2009

Me, Natalie and AARP


I went to the doctor's office today and while waiting I saw a magazine with a pretty black woman on the cover.  Ooohhh, Natalie Cole.  I wanted to read the article but the magazine was AARP The Magazine.  I immediately thought, do you really want to read this? You don't want someone to think you are interested in other items in the magazine, like the adult diapers, or heaven forbid they think you qualify as old enough to read AARP (sorry Mom).

So, what did I do?

I looked around to make sure no one was watching me (or the magazine), picked it up, folded the cover back (so you couldn't see AARP) and got my read on.

2 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO!!!

    Girl, I was reading AARP when my grandmother used to get it and I was in my twenties. I used to do the same thing.

    Get this: the AARP in NYC has job assistance for 40+ year olds. I was floored when I found that out. I'm there ALREADY?!

    They now give out cards when you turn 46 (so I have a couple of years to go - but still). I know because a couple of my friends have them already! They were also a bit pissed off! lol!

    Did you find anything good in the magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, anything good in there. I'm 46...well, for few more days. I want my discount!!!

    ReplyDelete