Thursday, July 30, 2009

Maxi: Yea or Nea?

Where does the time go?  If I only got paid on my own island because I sure do spend enough time there.  My bad!  Anyhoo...

I love a maxi dress. Vintage all the better. I have no less than a dozen vintage maxi length dresses so I can rock one at any time of the year. I always get compliments but they are often accompanied by someone saying "Tami only you can wear that and still look good." Comlimpent or diss? Not sure. Don't care.

The following was on the Sartorialist site...fabulosity from the streets of Paris:

So, how do you feel about the dress?  Do you like maxi dresses in general?  

5 comments:

  1. Personally, I don't like them on me and I don't know why. By the way, T. you are the winner of a pair of crystal earrings. I posted this on my blog (about four posts ago, lol) so addy please and off they go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, especially since I found one that looks superb on me (if I may say so myself, and I do). I find it tough to find maxi dresses that flatter my busty figure, though. I wouldn't want to look like I'm wearing a mumu or some such thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi said - "That's a long dress. I don't like that dress." She's about showing skin. If and when I ever lose my belly, I might wear one in the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm
    I gotta say that they catch me off guard everytime I see them. I think I don't like them, but I don't have a dramatic distaste for them, so keep rocken it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that dress in the photo, but I don't like the strappy ones that look like a nightgown. Especially on short people!!! This is one trend I won't be joining in on.

    ReplyDelete