Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vichy: Still Dry

It's test time again!  A few weeks ago I was in CVS and since I can't walk past a sale bin I looked to see what was interesting.  Low and behold there was a beauty product for a steal.  Vichy Laboratories: Masque Thermal Rehydratant, sounds highfalutin enough for me...I'll take it!

Vichy promised to sooth my parched skin with thermal spa water and moisturize those ever so fine lines such that my skin was like morning dew.  Okay, maybe it didn't say all of that but I read between the lines (pun intended).  In the end, after two weeks, Vichy did nada, nilch, zip, zero, not a thing!  My skin is still just as dry as the Sahara Desert and after each use I find myself rushing towards the nearest bottle of serum and moisturizer.  It's a good thing my French product was on sale for $1.99 US and not the normal $15-$20 in Euros or I would have had a very tight face.  

Bottom Line:  Skip Vichy Masque Thermal Rehydratant, there was a reason it was in the sale bin... :-(

Tell me, what do you use to provide extra moisture to your skin in the winter months?  

6 comments:

  1. Tami, I have paper-thin skin that easily gets overwhelmed by heavy moisturizers. I have to switch around depending on weather, etc.

    I can't say enough good things about the Lush line of cosmetics -- they are cruelty-free, freshly made and largely natural or organic. They also will be glad to give you a sample so you don't have to spend on something that doesn't work. The "Skin Drink" is supposed to be the best for dry skin, but you'll want to check it out.

    They have a Lush at Montgomery Mall -- it's a lot of fun. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamoretta-

    The few products I have tried from Lush years ago I really loved. I don't know why I didn't continue. I was probably watching my pennies much like I am now but a sample can never hurt. Maybe I'll take a fieldtrip this weekend! I love fieldtrips especially when free products are involved! Thanks for the tip. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami,

    I love Kiehl's products! They mosturize without causing me to itch. They are a little on the expensive side but a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to tell you the product names

    Ultra Facial moisturizer and Creme de Corps. If you go into the kiehl's store they will give you small free samples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dermatologist recommended vasoline for Anna (long story- rashes and infections involved) and that has turned out to be great! I rub her down at night and rub the leftovers into my hands (which really take a beating in the winter, especially washing them a billion times a day at work!) I wake up every morning with great hands.

    Don't know that I would put it on my face, though:) I do use aloe gel (especially if wind or sun burned) on my face. Feels funny, but so smooth when you wash it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have a big tub of Cetaphil moisturizing cream on hand. It's a life saver (and skin saver).

    ReplyDelete