It's a good thing I'm not Catholic because I'm sure I would have secured a place in hell by now just from failing Lent promises. I'm trying and He knows your heart right? Let's see:
- I'm doing pretty good on not complaining and excuses. If I feel like complaining I just turn off the phone and go sit in front of the TV. Yes, I know...I said I wasn't going to watch TV during the week but I've been a little bummed lately. Hold habits die hard. I'm getting better though. I at least don't watch TV 2-3 days a week so that is progress.
- Chocolate. I haven't had any and I really do want it, however it is amazing how your appetite changes when you don't eat certain things.
- Meat and seafood. I ate it on one Sunday because Sunday is supposed to be a free day and I felt guilty. I then ate it again this week when I went to a friend's for dinner. I was so busy avoiding chocolate that my brain didn't even acknowledge the chicken in the pasta until I got home. When I got home I was so annoyed. Oh, well...
- Prayer. I'm doing better.
- Exercising. Well, here's the thing. When I'm bummed out I don't exercise and I've been bummed out. Luckily, I've changed my eating habits and I've lost weight so it's all good but I need to get back to the weights.
The funny thing is I received an email from my church that they just started a 40 day of fasting on Monday. I said, no thanks I'll pass. I'm not rushing to the end of Lent or anything but I will enjoy sushi again.
On a brighter note, I have been successfully dating! Can you believe that? Second and third dates with the same man actually! He even paid for dinner without any coaxing from me and is very, very easy on the eyes.
I love Spring!
What's new with you?