Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cougar


Now that you know I:
  • am not really touchy feely (unless you are my man and that doesn't apply to this post)
  • don’t have very soft feelings
  • have a tendency to make unpopular choices
And stick and stones…words don’t bother me that much.  I have another one for you.  How do you feel about the term "COUGAR"

That term that supposedly defines a woman over 40 pursuing/dating a younger man younger, seemingly making him her prey.  Ok, this word bugs me.  I don’t like it.  It makes the hair stand up on my neck.  Why, if I date someone a little younger, is he my prey?  Why would it seem as if the woman is taking advantage of the situation?  Trust, he is gaining also.  He is a big boy.  The only thing we say to men in that situation is…nothing!  We give them a pat on the back!  A high five!  However, for women we have a whole new category…cougar.  Arghhhh!

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. i like being a cougar and taking advantage of younger LEGAL guys.......
    Hey is this a telepost ROFLMAO!

    Robbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not sure. I go back and forth. Part of me cringes. It seems so dirty but the SNL skit made me laugh and the absurdity of it so I can shrug it off. I just wish there was a term for men. Here's a funny post on the SNL skit.

    http://kwanawrites.blogspot.com/2009/02/den.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cringe. Check out the "Cougar Barbie" clip on Jay Leno from a couple of weeks back. It's priceless.

    ReplyDelete