As I approach the end of month 3 (or 2 for my Chinese New Year) of my Rocking 40 List I have accomplished a few things, but I also realize I have so far to go. However, it has not all been for not because through this process I am learning a lot about myself like...I don’t do well being put into a box. Many of those items I first had a monthly or weekly target but I soon realized that was too stressful for something that was supposed to be fun and I don't need any additional stress. Some would call these goals, but I just don’t do well with closed ended goals like these, I’m more of an open-ended person. I see the bigger picture and in Tamiville it always has more than one answer. I could have never been an engineer or mathematician because I always thought there was more than one solution to the problem. I'm just creative like that. Although I don’t do well with "confinement" I realize I do need more structure in Tamiville particularly since my daughter is coming home (relatively) soon, this helps me to tackle them aggressively and give myself a break when I don’t accomplish them. For instance: I gave up the no TV rule. My stress level required the mindless boob tube, but I am cognizant of it now and I am weaning myself off of it.
Following are my other updates:
- Getting rid of unwanted clutter (paper) and items in my home. This is a continuous battle. I’m just tired of stuff! I want to lead a simple life full of only things I love, need and have a sentimental value. How do we accumulate so many things? I can't take it!!!!!
- Have scheduled and had monthly game parties at my house since February, they are a blast! Number 3 is April 3.
- Decided on the book I am going to write and have started working on the proposal and outline. If anyone knows anything about writing a nonfiction book please send me an email. I'm new to this....HELLLPPPP!
- Working out is up and down. I don’t do well in times of stress, counter intuitive I know.
- Working on an adventure with my best friend…stay tuned!
- Have not read one book! I have decided to make it a cumulative total (for the next 18 months) instead.
So…there is the update. How are you coming with your list?